Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gingerbread Pancakes with Bananas and Whipped Cream

Last December in Brooklyn we went out for breakfast one morning and, feeling festive, I ordered gingerbread pancakes. They were dry and a little disappointing, but this recipe from my friend Shanna has redeemed the concept. Serve with any toppings you like, but we had them with bananas and whipped cream.

(mine)


(Ed's)

Gingerbread Pancakes (or waffles)


2 cups flour (white, whole wheat or a combination)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup molasses
6 T oil
1 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl and then gently stir into dry ingredients. Cook on hot greased griddle, top and eat. Makes about 20

7 comments:

Lyf2.0 said...

I love the contrasting pics of yours and Eds... It's like Martha Stewart versus Elmo.

P.S. We need to get together SOON!

Celeste Elaine said...

I can't wait to try these. I am in dinner group, and I think a variant on the "breakfast for dinner" theme is in order.

Just Katy said...

Why do we eat anything but pancakes? I'm loving pancake week! We used to get gingerbread pancakes from the Tavern in C-ville and they are so good. I can't wait to try this recipe.

Marna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marna said...

We tried these this morning and... they are AWSOME! I think we will have them as our traditional Christmas morning breakfast (as well as many other times a year). Thank you for sharing!

hallsarah204@gmail.com said...

I'd like to try this recipe "Gingerbread Pancakes with Bananas and Whipped Cream". I don't even imagine how these pancakes will be tasting like... P.S. I'll get back sooner or later with my testimonial. You can browse this website now by following http://customessay-s.com/essay_writer.php. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

It's in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of info.
I am hapy that you shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thanks foor sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...