Monday, October 20, 2008

Slow Cooker Week Day 2

So how about the vegetarians? What can they do with a slow cooker that doesn't have meat, meat and more meat in it? More than I realized. Here's a soup I haven't tried myself, but Dave and Michelle recommend it, and they know good food. Also watch for some vegetarian Greek Stuffed Peppers in a few days.

Tomato Black Bean Soup

2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 (4.5 oz) cans chopped roasted green chilies
1 (14.5 oz) can Mexican stewed tomatoes with green chilies
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 (11 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
4 green onions (white part and 2 inches of the green, sliced)
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 to 1-1/2 T chili powder, to taste
1 tsp ground cumin

For serving: shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream

1. Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours.

2. Add some boiling water to thin if desired. Ladle into bowls and serve hot with a sprinkling of cheese and sour cream. Devour!

1 comment:

RJ said...

I made this one today for a vegeatarian mom in my community playgroup who just had her second baby in under two years! We ate some together while we chatted and stared at the cuteness and I loved it! Muchas gracias for sharing. I love getting your recipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...