Sunday, July 20, 2008

PR Dish - Poor Jerry

Poor Jerry. Not that I defend his ensemble but how can you possibly, POSSIBLY, get any worse than Stella's trash bag nightmare? Besides, based on the designers' portfolios, I think they've got enough rock n' roll urban whatever and not enough class in the group; Jerry showed much promise in tipping the scales, having some of my favorite designs. Stella shows no such promise and would not have been missed. I would have loved to see more from Jerry. And besides that on a personal level Jerry promised to bring some normalcy to the group, balancing characters like Suede and Blayne. I bet that's why he was auf'd, darn producers.

On the upside, I agreed wholeheartedly with the judges top three - Daniel, Korto and Kelli, and would have agreed with whomever they chose as the winner. Kelli nabbed the immunity, but Korto's dress was awesome and Daniel's ingenuity showed some skill. Looking forward to more from all of them.

Here's another good review of the episode.

Next week they go green and Natalie Portman judges. You can see here what the challenges and who the guest judges will be for each episode.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first rant! OK, so not chucking off the garbage bags made NO sense. She had no clue what she was doing, and can apparently only do one thing (black faux leather?), whereas Jerry has SKILLS!!! If it hadn't been for the gloves, his look would have been runway ready. It was flawlessly made. Makes me cross. Don't really want to grace the show with my presence any more, but, well, um...

Mia said...

I have never seen an episode of PR. Right, me living under a rock. But you have sort of piqued my interest, again. Maybe I will have to go see if I get this channel. Bravo right?

Margaret said...

I liked the pasta skirt. I wished they would have looked at it more closely.

I was surprised that Stella couldn't come up with anything to do with her trash bags. I thought leaving them in the roll like that was obvious and she could have made weird pants out of them.

I am excited to see this group. I want to see how all these punk rockers make glamorous evening wear.

Disco Mom said...

Ha! I was wondering if I could lure Margaret back into commenting once PR started up again. Too true about the pasta skirt - it didn't even get honorable mention and it was pretty detailed - nice oven mitt top, too.

Mia, yes, you gotta see if you get Bravo but just be careful because their shows can be addicting and there runs a fine line between the classy ones and the trashy ones. But I think you can watch them online if you don't get the channel. You gotta watch with us.
"Watch what happens!"

kat said...

stella will be next to go. she thinks she IS joan jett, and she bugs me. i'm curious if they kept her just to see if she and some of the goody-two shoe gals mix it up a little.

my choice for getting kicked off is blayne. the diaper bunny outfit did NOT do anything for me. hard tie between it and the trash bag disaster. i do NOT know why they were all hating jerry's so much - i didn't think it looked like psycho nurse at all. crazy fashion people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...