Monday, January 28, 2008

Trebekistan

No, I haven't finished the book. I continue at a snail's pace...a very satisfied snail. But here is a quote from about 1/3 of the way through, as the story - and the telling - only continue to get more fabulous:

Trebekistan is a location unfixed in physical space and time. It's a place of pure learning, where hard playful work can bring sudden shocks of unexpected perception. In Trebekistan, art and math and geography and science stop pretending to be separate subjects, and instead converge in a glorious riot. Every new detail creates two fresh curiosities, so you know less as you learn, and yet nothing seems unknowable. Trebekistan, oddly, is a place of expanding dimension yet increasing connection, both growing and shrinking with every new step.

Prisoner of Trebekistan: A Decade in Jeopardy! by Bob Harris, p. 136

2 comments:

Maren said...

Sounds mesmerizing and fun!

Mom101 said...

I just stopped by to thank you for visiting my blog, like, a million years ago - but OMIGOD I have a new must-read now. I'm a Jeopardy addict, and the sigOth and I get bragging rights for a whole 24 hours based on who gets the final Jeopardy question right first (if at all).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...