Monday, March 01, 2010

3rd Annual Easter Basket Exchange

Mhm, that's right. You know what that picture means. It's time for EBX10 (Easter Basket Exchange '10)! Easter this year is April 4 - that's only 5 1/2 weeks away - so if your interest is piqued, read on.

A brief history: The last two years on DMTotW we did an Easter basket exchange because the truth is most husbands (or other loved ones) cannot be relied upon to do justice to the best candy holiday of the year. Not only do they stink at making, or remembering, or caring about, baskets; they also don't always appreciate the painstaking measures we go to to put together something awesome for them. Hence the exchange. I was supremely satisfied in the baskets I have both given and received in past years and cannot wait to get going on the next one! (Actually, I already have...)

Who Can Participate

1. As with last year, you do not have to be a mother, married, female or Christian. You can fit pretty much any demographic as long as you qualify under #2 and #3. You can even be one of the poor unfortunates who knew about the exchange last year and chose not to participate.

2. But you do have to live in the continental U.S. or have an APO address.

3. And I do have to know you personally or be connected to you through someone (like you are a friend/relative of my friend/relative.) Just include in your comment or email how I'm supposed to know you.

How It Works

It worked great last year so we'll do it pretty much the same.

1. Leave a comment to this post or email me directly (kyounc at yahoo dot com) to say you want to participate. Make sure I have your email address!!! The deadline to sign up is Saturday, March 13, which gives you almost two weeks to sign up, two weeks to put your basket together, and a week to get it to the recipient. Once you sign up, I will email you a brief questionnaire to fill out that will be later forwarded to your assignee (again, make sure I have your email address.)

2. On March 14 I will mix up the names and email out the assignments; your personal information will not go up on the blog. I will also email you the questionnaire your recipient filled out and you can use it as much or as little as you want in your preparations.

3. This is the fun part. Once you have your assignment, and a little information about your person, put together the funnest, coolest, most amazing Easter basket ever for her. Make it her (or your) dream basket. Spending cap is $30, not including shipping. The one requirement for everyone is that you must include quality chocolate, and I mean good quality chocolate. Other than that, run with it. A few ideas include, but are not limited to: book, magazine, recipes, something you handmade, fizzy bath balls/salts/soap/lotion, other candy, gift cards, cd, socks, kitchen gadgets, a local specialty item from where you live, beauty products, jewelry, the list goes on and on. Seriously, if I had an unlimited budget I could put together 20 awesome baskets and no two would be the same.

4. Put your basket/package together and mail it to your person so s/he will receive it by Easter. NEW RULE: Please ship Priority Mail - this will insure it arriving within a week. I usually like to use a flat rate box, available in various sizes from the post office, so I'm not limited by weight.

5. Wake up Easter morning and have an awesome time opening your package! Email me a picture for the blog, and send your sender a thank you card.

6. Try not to be too sad it's another year until next Easter.

Let the fun begin!

18 comments:

Our family said...

I'm in again!

The LDSMommy said...

Last year, I wanted to participate, but law school just got in my way. I'm still busy, but I just don't want to miss out! So, count me in!
Heidi P.

tona said...

Count me in, this is a highlight of my spring. And I'm so ready for spring.

Just Katy said...

I've been looking forward to this all year. I'm in!

Shells said...

I am in.

Margaret said...

I can eat candy this year! I'm in.

Mia said...

Sign me up! I have been looking forward to this since last year. Also!! We will be in DC (area) the week of April 2-9. I would love to see you if you are going to be around.

Brooklyn said...

I'm a little intimidated...but I'm also excited. Count me in!!! Brooklyn

Jill T said...

What a fabulous idea. I am in. I can't wait!

kat said...

i'm in this year. thanks for letting the losers who didn't play last year have another chance! :)

-Sydney- said...

Yippee! I'm in!

The Henrich Family said...

looking forward to it Kari

Celeste Elaine said...

Second Annual, "Heck Yes" for Celeste.

Celeste Elaine said...

My mom wants to be in on this too. Count in Aunt Merilee!

jenaprn08 said...

I would like to participate again this year. I am "just katy's" Mom.

holley family said...

hey this sounds so fun! i'm noel, a friend of brook waddoups. please include me!!! holleyfamily@gmail.com

Grandma & Pop-pop said...

OK, this has got to be the most clever idea I have seen in a long while. Count me in.

I have actually forgone Easter Baskets for myself now for about ten years. It's just not the same when you know what is going to be in that basket!

Virginia Wood
Arlington 2nd Ward and reader of the new wonderful blog in which this idea appeared!

Warning: I did let my daughters and daughters-in-law know about this wonderful opportunity. So don't be surprised if you find requests coming in from Spokane, WA, Houston,TX, Caldwell, Idaho, Schenectady, NY and Mesa, AZ!

Kelsey Carreon said...

I am in this year!! I

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...