Us moms are sick of it - if we want an Easter basket, we have to make it ourselves...until now. Last year we talked about it and this year we're doing it: the 1st Annual Easter Basket Exchange.
Here's how it will work:
1. Easter is March 23, a month away. By March 5 (about 2 weeks from now) you must post in the comments here that you want to participate (see Eligibility below).
2. Make sure I have your email and mailing address. If you don't think I do, email it to me (kyounc at yahoo dot com.) I will take all the names, shuffle them, and make assignments. All the assignments will be made by email so no one's personal information will go on the blog. If I don't know you well, also email me basic stats - age, occupation, food allergies, whatever.
3. Compile an Easter basket/box for your assignee.
4. Spending cap is $25, not including shipping.
5. Your compilation must include good chocolate (doesn't have to be a bunny.)
6. The guideline is to make a package you would love to receive*. No waxy cheap chocolate or goofy useless fillers. It doesn't have to be extravagant, but it does have to make the recipient glad she participated. Quantity is not necessarily better than quality.
7. Put your package together and mail it out in time for your assignee to receive it by Easter. The entire point of this exercise is for each of us to have a wonderful Easter basket on Easter morning that we didn't have to make ourselves, so please be sure it will arrive on time.
8. Easter morning, open and enjoy your package that someone else made for you.
9. Follow up with a thank you note.
1. You do not have to be a Mom. You do not even have to be married, female or Christian. The exchange is so named because Moms in general get the shaft on Easter baskets and every other holiday they work so hard to make special for others. But anyone that meets #2 can participate.
2. I have to know you personally or through a reputable source (like you're a friend/relative of my friend/relative.) Even though it's a public blog and I sometimes get comments from strangers, no total strangers in the exchange. Include in your post how I'm supposed to know you.
I'm excited. I figure if at least one person is in, then I have someone to exchange with. If more than one is in, we have a full-blown success.
* Stuck on what to include? Here are some ideas (feel free to suggest others):
CHOCOLATE - gift card - seasonal candy - recipes - candle - lip gloss - kitchen gadgets - lotion - soap - gourmet food item (hot chocolate, soup or muffin mix, biscotti, etc.) - fizzy bath ball - manicure stuff - jewelry - socks - note cards - book - cd - local specialty item