Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fly to Your Heart (or something like that)

I have taken some CUTE vids lately and have remembered how to upload them. This one is easiest because it doesn't go with a long post like the others, but I will get to them.

Ginger is in a ballet/tap class, and their recital number is to the song from the Tinkerbell movie, "Fly to Your Heart." Whatever that means. The girls have been practicing the number for 3 months. The recital is in 2 months. Some of the other moms and I have realized they're never going to make it, so we have all brought in our video cameras to record the teacher, and see if we can learn it and help out at home a bit. It's a perfect little 4-year-old ballet song, and age-appropriate choreography. I can even probably learn it. But I still don't think they're going to make it. Bless their hearts.

The teacher said the kids usually get to know the songs so well they tend to sing along, which she strictly forbids so they can focus on dancing. But, she said, she thinks this time she will just let it go because they are so darn cute singing along. See for yourself. (Ginger is second from the right, with the criss-cross back.)


3 comments:

Jeni said...

LOVE IT!!!! so cute! Maryn came running in as soon as the music started "mom, that's the Tinkerbell song! Why are they doing that?" So cute! I think I need to get her into some dance classes!

Lindsay said...

Oh, but that's exactly what makes watching a 4-year-old's dance recital so freaking awesome! I spent years and years (and years) attending the recitals for my two younger sister's community jazz/tap/ballet dance classes, and oh my goodness, I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. Everyone is off doing their own thing, then suddenly remembering they're all supposed to be doing the same thing. My mom would practice with my sisters at home (their teacher would give them a tape or CD of the music), and they thought that was great fun, but I'm not sure it did much on the whole. But those recitals were still the best things ever. I can't wait for the actual recital post! Ginger makes a cute little ballerina. :)

GR82BAMOM said...

That is so sweet! What a beautiful ballerina! I took seven and a half years of ballet. My teacher was really strict though and we only had classical music. (That's pretty much how I was introduced to the classics.) Oh how I've dreamed of having a little girl so I could relive the whole ballet/princess/fairy thing! Instead, I am up to my eyeballs in Star Wars, dinosaurs and all matter of transportation and construction vehicles. We have Toy Story and Thomas the Tank Engine toys coming out of our ears. What I wouldn't give for a little girl running around our house with one of my little tutus!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...