Friday, March 11, 2011

4th Annual Easter Basket Exchange

It's that time again. I know it usually seems like the year has flown by, but this time, at least for me, it has been a looong year. And I'm ready for a great EBX.

A brief history: The last three years on DMTotW we did an Easter basket exchange because the truth is most husbands (or other loved ones) cannot be relied upon to do justice to the best candy holiday of the year. Not only do they stink at making, or remembering, or caring about, baskets; they also don't always appreciate the painstaking measures we go to to put together something awesome for them. So here we have the chance for a satisfying get-and-give basket experience

Who Can Participate

1. As with last year, you do not have to be a mother, married, female or Christian. You can fit pretty much any demographic as long as you qualify under #2 and #3. You can even be one of the poor unfortunates who knew about the exchange in past years and chose not to participate.

2. But you do have to live in the continental U.S. or have an APO address.

3. And I do have to know you personally or be connected to you through someone, somehow (like you are a friend/relative of my friend/relative. Or you know my kid's preschool teacher's neighbor's realtor. Or you love Johnny Depp. Or Mark Wahlberg.) Just include in your comment or email how I'm supposed to know you.

How It Works

Things will go similar to last year, with a few changes.

1. Leave a comment to this post or email me directly (kyounc at yahoo dot com) to say you want to participate. Make sure I have your email address!!! The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, March 30, which gives you plenty of time to sign up, two and a half weeks to put your basket together, and a week to get it to the recipient.

2. I'll email you a questionnaire to fill out; this will be forwarded to your giver to give her a little info and direction. On March 31 I will make the assignments and you can get started on your basket!

3. Based on your person's questionnaire answers, and your own awesomeness, put together the funnest, coolest, most amazing Easter basket ever for her. Make it her (or your) dream basket. Spending cap is $30, not including shipping. The one requirement for everyone is that you must include quality chocolate, and I mean good quality chocolate. Other than that, run with it.

4. Put your basket/package together and mail it to your person so s/he will receive it by Easter. Please ship Priority Mail - this will insure it arriving within a week. I usually like to use a flat rate box, available in various sizes from the post office, so I'm not limited by weight.

5. Wake up Easter morning and have an awesome time opening your package! Email me a picture for the blog, and send your sender a thank you card.

That's it! Post a comment (with your email address) or shoot me an email to get started!

12 comments:

Our family said...

I'm in, baby!!

Shells said...

I am in.

Tona said...

Me too!!

The Henrich Family said...

looking forward to it!

Emily said...

I'm back! I'm in! emiweelee at gmail dot com

K Cummings said...

Lets do this thing!! :)

Jennifer said...

I would like to participate again--I am Katy's Mom! jenaprn08 and I am on yahoo.

Mia said...

I love the Easter basket exchange! Count me in :)

Brooklyn said...

In.

Heather M. said...

I'm going for it this year, finally! Yay! :)

Tracy and Odie said...

I am so so so in!!! tvoncannon@gmail.com

thanks for organizing this!

Lyf2.0 said...

Count me in this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...