Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Girl with Electric Blue Shoes

You might have noticed in this post Ginger's blue school shoes. When it came time for new shoes this fall, and we could get nice ones without preschool playground sand to worry about, I showed Ginger the See Kai Run website and told her to pick what she liked. Her favorite color is blue, but they have some beautiful girly shoes as well, so I didn't know what she would like.

And I gotta tell you, I'm not surprised, and more than just a little proud, that she chose these. They say, "I am a three-year-old girl and don't have to have pink everything." They say, "I have my own sense of style and these are the shoes I liked best." (Anyone who knew me in high school knows how much this means to me.) They say, "I am my mother's daughter but I am also my own person." What more could I ask for?

We also decided to bypass the black Mary Janes we usually get for dress shoes in the fall and winter in favor of these sweeties. If it goes with black, it can go with purple-and-green, right? At least it can for The Girl with Electric Blue Shoes.

4 comments:

Heather M. said...

Rockin' shoe choices, Ginger! A girl after my own heart, as well! :)

Kelsey Carreon said...

love the shoes! We actually have an entire load of laundry that is dedicated to purple, pink and red, lol. As much as I have tried to avoid the pink, my girls crave it. I have been able to add orange, brown, and green lately, but when your youngest wears a crown on her head every day, even in her sleep the battle is kind of lost. :) My mother made her a Wall-E dress with blue and red material and it is her favorite but in the same box was a crown from the Dollar store so in her little mind that dress and crown go together and she is the one and only WALL-E princess.

Just Katy said...

Seriously Kari, you find the coolest stuff. How do you do it??

Mia said...

Adorable! I always steer my kids in the black/brown goes with everything. I need to loosen up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...