Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yogurt Pies

Here's a total blast from the past. I used to make these all the time when I was a kid...and, ahem, a grad student, but I haven't thought of them in years. Then out of nowhere they popped into my head yesterday and I wanted them.

The beauty of yogurt pies is that they are simple to make and delicious to eat. They're also super easy and fun for kids to make, and while not exactly good for you, somewhat healthier than other things I can think of that satisfy the requirements of one's sweet tooth. They're cold and sweet and a lovely pink (or peach or green or whatever yogurt you choose) color. The recipe does not require any kind of perfection so anything goes.

Yogurt Pies

12 ready made individual graham crusts
1/2 to 1 carton of Cool Whip
About 20-30 oz. of any flavor yogurt

Stir the Cool Whip and yogurt with a wooden spoon to combine. Eat as much as you like. They can be in any proportion you want, adding more of whichever until you like how it looks and tastes. This is a very satisfying experience. Who doesn't love to stir yogurt and Cool Whip together? It's so fluffy and fruity and...Hazel put it nicely:
"Ooh, swirly!"

Use a large spoon to fill the pie shells. Do not fail to lick the bowl...and spoon. Place on a cookie sheet or tray, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid, several hours. Eat with your hands or a fork. Heck, top with more Cool Whip if you have any left. YUM!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Mmmm...tasty. I've even something very similar, only it was served frozen. Also delicious.

Disco Mom said...

These are served frozen, I just took the pictures before putting them in the freezer. Totally delicious.

Lindsay said...

hehe...silly me. I was so absorbed in your fabulous (and drool-inducing) photos that I totally skipped over the part where you say to freeze them. Hoo boy...it's been a looong day.

Anonymous said...

Swirly, yeah! I love these. Thanks for the reminder about how easy and good they are. MMmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...