Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Few of My Favorite (Holiday) Things

 Just a few favorite things I've been collecting to share with you - if I'm not careful, Christmas will come and go with these still waiting in a folder!  So here you go:


Ed says this tastes "too weird."  It is a little strange, but I'm still a fan.
PEELED GARLIC.  I know it's not new.  But it's changed my life, especially when there's 12+ cloves of garlic to mince for my dinner swap meal!

Designer Orla Kiely teamed up with Method to make these stylish (and overpriced) hand soaps.  I was a sucker for the graphics, but I love the vanilla-chai scented soap in the guest bath, too.

And speaking of personal care...I ran out of my favorite Bath & Body Works lotion, and I refuse to get more until the semi-annual sale in January.  In the meantime, this is always my favorite go-to drugstore moisturizer when my skin gets really dry in the winter.  Quality stuff for CVS price!
 
And speaking of bang for your buck, I love Gilligan & O'Malley stuff at Target!  I have no fewer than THREE pajama pants by this brand, and they are SO silky/stretchy/soft!  Then last week I passed this polka-dotty-oh-so-heavenly-softie robe by the same brand.  Had to have it!  I've been getting a lot more snuggle time from everyone in the family since I started wearing this.

I've had my eye on this hand-painted 12 Days of Christmas ornament set for at least 2 years, but could never justify the $50 at a time of year when there's always another gift to buy.  Until this year, when it went on sale for over 50% off - BEFORE Christmas!  These make my already-colorful tree look real good.


And finally, I'm in love with Land of Nod's shadow puppet sets this year.  Charming and fun!  I admit, I'm not getting them for my kids because I think they will not take good care of them.  What do you think is a good age for these?  I love all three sets - Circus, Dinosaur, and Castle.  And don't forget the theater!
 

What cool stuff have you discovered this year?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...