Saturday, October 27, 2012

Krop's Crops

 And speaking of pumpkins, last Saturday I wanted to take my girls out to get some, but I wasn't up for the drive, expense, or crowds of Cox.  I decided to try out a new place (new to us) - Krop's Crops.  As you can see, the day was perfect, and it was just what we wanted - a simple hay ride out to the pumpkin patch, a few pens of animals, and a small store with apples and local honey (which supposedly helps with allergies - gonna try it out.)

A bonus discover when we got there, and the hit of the day, was a sizable corn bin to play in.  And since this place is low-key, we had it practically all to ourselves both before and after the hay ride.




Then we went to Wendy's for lunch, and Target to buy Halloween candy - pretty much a perfect Saturday.  When we got home the girls colored their smaller pumpkins.


And that night I went with grown-ups to the Mariinsky Ballet's Cinderella at the Kennedy Center.  Yeah, I'd say a perfect Saturday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...