Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Daniel and the Lions' Den (in 40 seconds or less)

We've been listening to "Follow the Prophet" a lot lately in the car. If you don't know the song, you can hear it here. If you do, you know it's fun to sing, especially for kids, for the first few verses. And then it's like, "Holy rats, when is this song going to end?" Luckily we have a jazzed-up version by Clive Romney (click here for the CD) that makes the whole thing bearable, even cool.

The girls love it, so we have it on repeat a lot. Which means they are actually learning the verses, each about a different scriptural prophet. And learning leads to questions. Which leads to more learning. So as they ask, I tell the simplified versions of Bible stories, and lately they have asked to retell the stories for Family Home Evening lessons. Adorable. It's always interesting what story parts sink in and what gets left out. Last week Ginger taught us the story of Daniel (her favorite.) A few nights later I got her to retell it again on video. (The dress-ups are incidental, just what she was wearing at the time.)

I never know how understandable my kids are to others, especially on computer video, so here's the transcription:

"In Daniel and the Lion's Den, Daniel...one of the people made a law, and, so none of the people could pray to God, but Daniel did pray to God. So he was in the lions' den, but God was there to send the angels. But the king was crying because his best friend...he thought his best friend was hurt, but he wasn't. So they got rid of the law. (What about Hazel's speech?)"

Is she the cutest thing ever? We'll do Hazel soon. I think her favorite is Jonah but it changes.

6 comments:

tona said...

Adorable. And the crown makes it perfecto.

Carol Younce said...

She did a great job keeping the story line going. She is ready for a talk in Primary, if she can just keep practicing it for a year more. I love how she was concerned for the king too.

elyse said...

Very cute! I am so glad and honored that I get to spend two hours with her every Sunday. I'll have to ask her about Daniel this coming one. Good job at getting that on camera! Priceless...

kat said...

shut up!!! SO CUTE!

Mia said...

That is adorable! I love it.

Andrea J said...

Darling posting! I'm inspired to get Follow the Prophet into my car.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...