Sunday, November 06, 2011

Slow-Cooker Week (It's Back)

Have I got a treat for you.  It's been a few years since I did a Slow-Cooker Week, but I've recommitted to beefing up my slow-cooker repertoire, and I finally - FINALLY! - have seven good ones to share.  It takes awhile, you know?

I really think any time of year is perfect for slow cookers.  Summer, because they don't overheat your kitchen.  Fall and winter, because they often produce warm, meaty, stew-like comfort food.  Spring, because the weather is great and we want to spend all our time outside, not slaving over dinner.  I just love my slow cooker.

Which is not to say everything it makes is good.  There are way too many mediocre and bad crockpot recipes.  But I think you'll be really pleased with this week's findings.  Sorry vegetarians, this week I've got 4 chicken, 1 beef and 2 pork recipes.  (But just sub in some veggies and you're good.)  I've got Thai, Chinese, Italian, BBQ, Mexican, and more.

It's a good week for slow cooking.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I am going OUT OF TOWN, which almost NEVER happens, and I just feel like having posts go up while I'm gone.  Whatever, enjoy.



2 comments:

Heather M. said...

YAY!!! I need new recipes for the crockpot. I'm going to try every single one!! WIth your additions/changes. Have a fabulous time out of town. :)

Disco Mom said...

Whoa, Heather, thanks for the vote of confidence before you even see what they are! I'll check in to see which were your favorites.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...