Thursday, July 02, 2009

End of School Teacher Gifts Follow-Up

Thank you for all the ideas and suggestions. This year, with the new house purchase, I was looking for something with a small price tag (the parents' group gave the teachers a large restaurant gift certificate from our fundraiser treasury.) In the end, I figured, can you ever go wrong with a book? Granted, there's always the chance they've already read it, but that has rarely happened to me, so I think it's worth the risk.

I gave each of Hazel's teachers a thank-you card, a small stack of homemade cookies, and one of my favorite books I read last year, Three Cups of Tea. It's a great way to go because there are always new books coming out and every year I'm sure to have a favorite or two, so it's never the same gift twice. By the way, I'm in a good run of books right now - it's very exciting. First, The Inimitable Jeeves. Then Guernsey, and now The Book Thief.

Very. Exciting.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

You might want to read "The Hourglass Door." It is a great quick read.

Heather M. said...

Yes, you are on a good reading run... I have only not read the Jeeves book, but the rest, including 3 cups of tea are wonderful! Love this teacher gift idea, and you always present everything so beautifully.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...