Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Snapshot

Tonight, 6:33 pm.

Hazel comes up and asks, "Mommy, please I watch Dora?"

Mental yucky face. Relax - she hardly ever asks for Dora anymore, it's not worth a battle.

"Ok, which one do you want?"

"The married one."

Ah, here we go, with the asking for "the married one" of everything.

"I don't know which one that is."

"What about the dancing one?"

Think. Ok, I can think of a dancing one, but we don't have it.

"I don't think we have that one."

"What about the kissing one?" Makes kissing sounds.

"I know we don't have that one." What the *&#% ? She's three years old - just barely!

"What about the hugging one?" Hugs herself with a big sappy smile at me.

"Uh, I don't think we have that one either. How about Max & Ruby?"

"Hmm...otay!"

Small nervous breakdown. Perfect example of winning the battle but being totally and completely unprepared in every single way for the war.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

That's funny! I love how she's asking for the "married one" of everything!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...