Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Core: Edamame Salad

When I think "salad" I still have my blinders on: lettuce, cucumber, carrot, green pepper, tomatoes. Cold, crunchy and boring. Which is why I'm sooo happy when I come across a different vegetable combination that I actually like. This one's a perfect example. Plus it's hard to get more nutritious than a big helping of edamame.

Edamame Salad

1 (16 oz.) bag edamame
1 1/2 cups corn
1 cup sliced radishes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 T rice vinegar
1 T olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper

Cook and shell (if necessary) edamame. Toss with corn, radishes, cilantro and scallions. In a small bowl, make dressing by whisking vinegar, oil and garlic. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

Shells said...

Completely non-Core, and I don't have the recipe with me, but in the Thai cooking class Dave gave me for my birthday we made a salad that was made almost entirely of ground beef. I am just like you, when I think of the word salad, I only think of a few ingredients, so it was fun to try a totally different spin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...