Saturday, September 13, 2008

Carrot Delight

Per two requests, here is the carrot smoothie mentioned in last week's menu plan. I found it on this blog which seems to be a group of friends posting healthy recipes, but is not updated much. I might try a few other of their recipes, some look good. The carrot smoothie is pretty good - 3 servings of fruits/veggies and nothing extra, with only a slight texture. But the second time I made it I was distracted by kiddos and left out the banana. Yuck, don't do that. Here you go:

Ingredients:
1 large orange (or 2 mandarin oranges)
1 banana
1/2 cup water
15 baby carrots
1/4 cup ice
supplement of choice (optional, and I choose Benefiber usually)

Directions:
In a blender, blend the orange, water until smooth. Add banana and supplement (if using one) and blend thoroughly. Add carrots and ice last and blend on high until smooooooth. Don't skimp on the blending now, you want those carrots completely pulverized to liquid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet this would be good frozen into popsicles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...